Many students are confused as to which school board is better, ICSE or CBSE from JEE and NEET point of view. There are many different opinions and people keep on arguing as to which one is better, but to be honest it doesn’t matter.
There are definitely a few differences but they cancel each other off and don’t even end up mattering at the end of the day.
For example, CBSE affiliated schools largely dominate our country and have certain perks like the syllabus being more oriented towards competitive exams like JEE and NEET.
ICSE on the other hand has its own perks, like, the diverse and holistic approach towards studies make them fit for many roles.
What Is ICSE And CBSE Board?
Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) is a government-regulated body that affiliates many private and public schools across India. It conducts CBSE board examinations for 10th and 12th standard students.
Indian Certificate Of Secondary Education(ICSE) exams are conducted by the Council of Indian School Certificate Examinations for class 10th and the Indian school certificate(ISC) exam for class 12th. ICSE is a private Board in India.
HOW CBSE AND ICSE BOARDS ARE DIFFERENT?
- CBSE board is more dominant in our country as compared to ICSE Board.
- ICSE Board focuses more on holistic development of a child by encouraging them to take part in extracurricular activities and by allowing them to take the stream of their choice like Arts, humanities, etc.
- CBSE focuses more on Maths and science.
- ICSE focuses more on practical learning.
- CBSE has much simpler and more competitive exam orieneted syllabus.
- CBSE schools are easily available as compared to ICSE Board schools.
- ICSE board focues more on other activities which are not necessarily required in NEET/JEE exams.
- ICSE board is more skill based whereas CBSE focuses more on theorotical knowledge of core subjects.
Although CBSE seems to have the upper hand when it comes to NEET/JEE exam preparation, ICSE focuses on the overall development of a child which is equally important.
ICSE or CBSE board, it doesn’t matter. Students must prepare for JEE/NEET exams the same way and with the same approach. It totally depends on the student whether he or she is gonna clear the exam or not. Do not stress about your board exams and focus on what you are preparing for. With the right strategy and discipline, any student can clear the exam.
You can use our app doubt buddy to help you further in your preparation. It is one of the best doubt-solving apps in the country, where you can get instant solutions to all your doubts and you can further connect with the best tutors for more clarification.
checkout our other articles https://blog.doubtbuddy.com/