Preparing for one of the toughest exams in India is not an easy thing. There are a lot of lows in the journey, but you can follow some basic steps to keep you going and not feel exhausted.
- Your wish to study at IIT one day itself is a motivation
- Keep yourself in touch with motivated people: Teachers, high scorers, etc.
- Take time off from studying each day (approx 1 hour) if you are studying too much. In that hour, just do whatever you want to do (or nothing if you choose to). Giving yourself time will keep your spirits high. You can also do some mad stuff during that time (like dancing to some Non Sense music or whatever :D). Just feel free that time..
- Watching inspirational movies like Guru, Chak De India, Om Jai Jagadish, etc
- Listening to motivational speakers on youtube etc.
These are some basic things that one can follow in their preparation journey, but keep one thing in mind, Give your best and don’t get obsessed with IITs, not getting into IITs is not the end of the road. In fact, it hardly makes any difference once you enter your professional journey but yes if you start preparing well it will teach you how to respond in tough situations and do well under pressure.