NTSE(National Talent Search Examination) is an all-India level scholarship test conducted by the govt. of India. every year lakhs of students appear for this exam with dreams and hopes of getting a scholarship and being recognized as national talent. It is conducted every year in two levels- Stage 1 (state level), Stage 2(National level).
The main purpose of this exam is to find the best talents of the country and provide them with financial support and other benefits to encourage and support them in their careers. It is conducted by NCERT for students of class 10th. Paper 1 is MAT(Mental Ability Test) and paper 2 is SAT( Scholastic Aptitude Test).
The exam is MCQ-based and students must have a good understanding of the exam. Reserved category students have to get 32% and General category students have to get 40% to pass the exam.
The exam is based on class 9th and 10th syllabus. Students are advised to study from their 9th and 10th books. MAT tests students critical and analytical skills and SAT tests you on language, Maths, Science, and Social science.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The scholarship aims at providing financial stability to talented students so that they can pursue their careers without worrying about finances to some extent. The scholarship is provided on the basis of a student’s performance in both stages of the exam. Students who clear this exam are provided a scholarship of Rs1250 per month for classes 11th and 12th and Rs2000 for students pursuing graduation.
Students qualifying for this exam get benefits other than scholarships, like:
- preference is given to NTSE qualifying students in NDA( National Defence Academy) exam.
- IIT Hyderabad provides 15 seats to NTSE students.
- Universities would prefer students who have cleared NTSE over other students.
- Provides an edge while applying for you university application.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THIS EXAM-
- The student must be a citizen of India and must be registered under some recognized exam conducting body like CBSE or ICSE.
- Student must have scored a minimum of 60% in his/her 9th exam.
- Only class 10th students can apply for this exam.
- students who are studying from Open Distance Learning and are currently in class 10th can also appear for this exam.
To prepare for your exam, you can take help from the DoubtBuddy app. Doubt Buddy is one of the best doubt-solving apps in India that provides instant solutions to all your doubts and helps you connect with the best tutors to guide you through your preparation.
Download the doubt buddy app- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doubtbuddy.student&hl=en_IN&gl=US
Check out more articles from us- https://blog.doubtbuddy.com