Emotions can be basically defined as the impulse to act. Different emotions prepare the body for different physiological responses. Control of your emotions is the basis of all interpersonal skills. This is called emotional intelligence. It is the ability of a person to perceive, manage and control their emotions. It is limited to control one’s emotions and the ability to influence others’ emotions as well.
For students, this may not seem as important, but in interviews and the professional setting, control of one’s emotions is of the utmost importance. Students basically learn almost the basics of this without even realizing that they are learning an important life skill when they talk with their friends. When you meet a new person, you will be careful to check your emotions when talking. Your speech and its tone will change when you get to know the person better. But you will always keep a check on not going beyond the imaginary boundary that would cause a pitfall in your friendship.
This is the same thing that would happen in a professional setting. When you want to conduct business, you would have to keep a check on your emotions while speaking. Even in interviews for many colleges, they would see how you would react to questions and keep your calm even if they ask questions you wouldn’t know. These all fall under emotional intelligence. Being intelligent when using your emotions.
There are some key aspects to this:
- Knowledge of one’s emotions: Being aware of your emotions, having self-awareness is important. It leads to an in-depth understanding of one’s needs, strengths and weaknesses.
- Emotion management: Regulating your emoti9ons. It is the next step after being aware of your emotions. It requires you to be able to control and manage your emotions.
- Emotion Recognition: When you communicate, you must know what kind of emotion the other person is projecting. The ability to understand and empathize with others is critical. IT helps to build fruitful relationships and helps in improving society. If more people felt what others feel, they would be more considerate towards them.
- Self-Motivation: Motivation and emotions are interlinked. They are like the chain links. One doesn’t exist without the other; when you try to motivate yourself, you feel a rush of positive emotions. And only when you have a rush of positive emotions will you be able to motivate yourself. Hence, keeping a correct check on your motivation is also accredited to emotions.
- Building Relationship: Not only will you be a charismatic leader because of your control of emotions and the way you would be able to understand others but also you would be able to build good relationships, be it with your juniors, seniors, acquaintances, or with your superiors.
One of the key benefits of learning to control your emotions will be an increase in your leadership skills. People tend to bend more towards the person who is calm in all situations and is friendly to approach. Hence, you will tend to develop yourself and those around you by learning and practicing emotional intelligence.
For your easy and smooth preparation for competitive exams, we have brought DOUBTBUDDY near you. All you do is scan your questions and upload them; you get answers in seconds with teachers just with you to give a detailed explanation for your further clarification. We have faculties with us having a great experience and always ready to help you all.
Download link: https://bit.ly/3vGXhi7
For more information visit our webpage https://www.doubtbuddy.com/