Here are the top tips as recommended by the best IITians.
- Finish the syllabus as soon as possible: This is utterly important for any aspirant doing their preparation. All the topics in the syllabus must be completed as soon as possible. Speed isn’t the only thing that matters. It would help if you also were sure to learn the topics thoroughly. Skipping any topic because it is hard should be avoided.
- Keep to a strict schedule: Managing the time you have every day is essential. Make a neat timetable and stick to it.
- Keep away from distractions: Distractions come in various forms, from notifications of Whatsapp to your mind telling you to watch that amazing movie your friend told you about. It is essential to keep your will strong and not to give in to these temptations.
- Take mock tests: This is another tip every single IITian tells you. Practice as many mock tests as you can. This will condition your mind to the exam. Then, when you are sitting in the exam, you will not panic but will feel right at home. Not only should you take mock tests but also, you should try to analyze them as well.
- Revise difficult topics more: One of the common mistakes aspirants make is not to revise the difficult topics. They tend to skip them as they feel that it would be a waste of time to revise them. This doesn’t seem right. Practice them as well. Do not let even a single topic fall from your grasp. Every single topic should be at your fingertips.
- Write important formulas and post them around your room. This way, every day before you sleep and after you wake up, you should read the formulas. Make this a habit so that every single day, you will revise all the chapters you have learned to date.
Keep working and you will reach your goals. Remind yourself that this is a marathon, not a single race. It requires dedication and hard work to complete it and ace it.